Feeling a bit left out reading these posts? Have you been living in Cajun country for the last few years, but still don’t quite fit in? Well what you need to do is become an Honorary Cajun Citizen. It’s like being knighted, only better, and your only civic duties are to attend Mardis Gras, the Crawfish Festival, and any event that provides free beer and entertainment.
- Can you speak French? Neither can most of us. It is, however, mandatory to know at least 5 Cajun swear words. Extra points will be given for creativity.
- Peel at least 20 crawfish per minute, or cpm. Bonus if you suck the heads.
- You sprinkle your conversations with keeyaw and chére.
- You can cook an acceptable gumbo, etouffee, and jambalaya (must be judged by a panel of real Coonasses).
- Do you own a pair of rubber fishing boots? Bonus points if they are white.
That’s all there is to it. If you meet these requirements, then you can swear yourself in by placing your hand on a copy of ‘Talk about Good‘ and shotgunning a beer…and wait for your own Golden Crawfish Award™ to arrive in the mail.